[Webteam] Webteam mailing list

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Thu Jul 9 13:15:50 UTC 2009

Hi Bernhard,

Bernhard Pieber pravi:

> I know I am new to this list. Still I would like to suggest moving the
> discussions over to Squeak-dev. In the first half of 2009 only 26
> messages were posted to this mailing list. I don't think that traffic
> here and on Squeak-dev warrants a separate mailing list today. And I
> think it would be good to know for the whole Squeak community what goes
> on on www.squeak.org.

You are new but also very active and willing to do something. Which is
very nice and encouraging to us too. Guys like you will move Squeak
forward, that's I'm sure.

Of course there are many "legacy" reasons why something is as it is, and
needs to be revised and changed, but this needs to be done carefully and
with broader consensus.

I also think that we need to reduce mailing lists to just a few, or at
least to close those which are completely inactive for years. This is
actually happening because the Teams are reviewed to see which are
active and which not. I suppose Ken will come out soon with some
decision here.

About our mailing list. We have bursts of activity from time to time and
30 people on the list, Ken and Igor from the Board included. I think
this list is still needed for the messages concerning the routine
website updates while for more important updates the broader discussion
on squeak-dev is necessary of course.

Best regards
Janko