[Webteam] Thinking out loud about Aida and Scribo

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Wed Jun 20 19:29:33 UTC 2012

Hi Herbert,

On 20. 06. 2012 20:46, Herbert König wrote:

>> Now that you say it, that sounds like a manageable plan. As far as I
>> can see all of the SqueakSite>>pages does have a lot of what we need
>> to transport.
> ok, I loaded the latest scribo (not the beta) on top of Aida 6.4 into
> trunk.
>
> Before successfully loading SqueakSite on top of that I had to make
> WebWidget subclass#WebComponent because WebWidget seems to be a much
> evolved WebComponent but still understands the old protocol of
> WebComponent which is still used in SqueakSite.

Exactly

> After that when logging into localhost:8888 to follow the scribo
> instructions I start getting debuggers.
>
> I'm currently into that unless someone has already done that, then
> please stop me.

So you actually working to make an empty Squeaksite running on latest
Aida and Scribo first. Remember that we need to migrate content too and
such migration will be possible only from old to a new image but with
the same version of Aida and Scribo as in old image.

But because there is not much content on Squeaksite we can actually just
copy&paste it manually after that. Hm, but we will loose history of
every page, but is that needed?

Best regards
Janko