[Webteam] the Downloads section, wikis, and Altitude

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Mar 21 17:10:54 UTC 2014

On 21-03-2014, at 6:39 AM, Chris Cunnington <websela at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I've been trying to think what the disconnect is here.

I’m a detail nitpicking perfectionist. Which is why my software, houses, motorcycles and models are
a) expensive
b) wonderful

It doesn’t work for everyone. That’s life. I’d fix it if I could.

> I think your paradigm is the Swiki with its wiki interface. This situation is not like that. You're micro managing the Download section of the homepage for something like the third time. This isn't a wiki. It's Altitude. To make the minutiae changes you want I have to futz. A lot. I have to futz with CSS to make sure things are running inline.

Fair point. I downloaded the image and could certainly offer some revisions to file-in if you’re at all interested, but boy oh boy, have they managed to make like painful since the early seaside systems. That CSS stuff….. what were W3C thinking of?

So, just to have it recorded in a findable email in the future, what do I need to do to fire up the serving in that image? So far I can’t spot anything that even gives me a clue - even the example classes have no comment. Is it running by default? What url/port-thingy? It’s 15 years since I last did any seaside stuff, so pretty much everything relating has been paged out to paper-tape by now.

tim
Useful random insult:- So dumb, he faxes face up.