[Newbies] virtual chemistry

Chuck Smith chsmith at xmission.com
Wed Jan 31 16:27:57 UTC 2007

This is great.  Let me tell you what I am doing.  Some of you may remember for the last 4 years I have been building industrial robots for students to use to create with.  Our big project is jet aircrafts and resorts around the world to fly to.  We have finished our robot control software for this project.

The next step is to take the dirt we stand on and turn it into the parts needed to build the physical jets, resorts etc.  I have been searching for a good software chemistry set and have not found one.  So just like our robot control software we are going to have to create it.

So the spec for the chem set is to teach the students how to take the dirt from below their feet and transfrom it into computers, robots, jet engines etc.

I know this sounds impossible but it is not.  Many people said we could not build the robot control and we did.

So the exciting thing is that we are getting ways to bring many students into the program.  We have discovered that schools like to send their students on field trips to space simulations and we are connecting our program to the space simulation camps.

It is great that Edgar J. De Cleene has already made a great example of this.  I would be very greatful if you could put it in English for us.

Thanks,

Chuck Smith