[Newbies] Re: Squeak Guilt

Zulq Alam me at zulq.net
Tue Dec 16 14:28:06 UTC 2008

Hi Ryan,

How about taking some Java libraries relevant to your area of interest
and porting them to Squeak/Smalltalk?

I've ended up using Python for most of my work because of the libraries
available (BeautifulSoup is one). Although Python is OK, I would love to
be working in a Smalltalk environment. To keep involved in
Squeak/Smalltalk I have been porting some of the libraries that forced
the decision. This meant reading and understanding a lot of relevant
Python code and working in Squeak on something the community may find
useful. It seems like a good compromise to me.

Now if only I had time to release something useable? ;)

- Zulq