[Newbies] Inserting graphics made with Squeak into a web page?

Gary Dunn osp at aloha.com
Mon Apr 26 02:19:44 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-04-25 at 01:31 +0200, Pascale Julia wrote:
> Hello,
> I just installed Squeak on Ubuntu Karmic.
> I'd like to find a way of making web pages made of various graphics.
> Say I get wild with my niece one afternoon and we draw and make
> animations with Squeak, and family picture albums and all kinds of
> things graphic that do things (and that fit into a web page).
> Apparently I can save this as a "project". (By the way, I have no idea
> where my doodles ended up on my Linux, still looking for them.
> How do I save those projects and can I insert them into a web page
> (and of course, keep the animations and such).

If you want to put them on a web page to exhibit your work you might
want to create a flash movie. This should be a example ... I can't watch
it in FreeBSD because Flash 10 is not yet supported:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34cWCnLC5nM

You could place the .pr file along side, so that other can download it
and open it in Squeak.

To make a project, create a new project first, then click in its window
to make it the current project, then doodle away. It is harder to turn
doodles into projects, but it can be done.

--
Gary Dunn, Honolulu
osp at aloha.com
http://openslate.net/