[Box-Admins] Re: [Board] Re: 4.2 release

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 02:57:34 UTC 2011

> We can't wait too much, because the image decides which file to open, so we
> can't change it after the release. IIRC Andreas had the idea to create a new
> sources file for every release, but I may be wrong. I found something that
> is related to this:
>
> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2010-April/148026.html

Thanks.  So, by my understanding, if we wait to do the condense as one
of first steps for 4.3, then the "4.2 release" can be present itself
in terms of its predecessor.  I have really enjoyed having that during
4.2 and think it's relevant even after release; it seems good to keep
delta's with the prior version in each release, especially since it's
not very costly.

> Also, the sources file contains the license at the beginning. The date there
> is 2010. I'm not sure if it's a problem or not.

That is only an old, incidental copy of the license, not the official
statement about license from Squeak.