[Box-Admins] Help needed - smtp mail transport from box3 to box2

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Sep 26 21:35:49 UTC 2013

We have squeaksource.com set up on box3, but with mail disabled (so updates
to the repository do not currently generated email notifications). After
box3 becomes the official host box for squeaksource.com next week, I would
like to be able to re-enable mail notifications.

box3 does not have mail installed, but box2 does. Until or unless box2
gets moved, we may as well use box2 for mail notifications, as opposed
to installing mail on box3 just to support squeaksource.

So ....

I need someone with access to box2 to configure it to accept smtp requests
from box3, so that I do not get the following:

'553 sorry, that domain isn''t in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)'

Can someone please enable this mail transport from box3 to box2? I don't
know what mail transport is running on box2, but I expect this would be
a matter of editing some /etc/foo file to allow inbound smtp from box3.

TIA,