[Elections] Re: Can you run another single person election for us?

Peter Crowther Peter at ozzard.org
Sat Aug 19 10:11:15 UTC 2006

> From: Cees De Groot
> An alternative: ask the first runner-up of the previous elections to
> join.

I'm not sure whether this is appropriate or not as a general principle,
although I have no problems with it in this case.  We had more
candidates than board members, but not by much.  If many more board
members were to leave, the voters would be stuck with me on the board,
when I came firmly last in the elections - hardly a ringing endorsement
:-).

> It's probably "documented" in some mailing list archive, but the idea
> was to hold elections every year around the same time, which would be
> February...

That was my understanding: the posts were for 12 months.

		- Peter