[etoys-dev] Re: Etoys-to-go goes AWOL?

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Aug 10 05:56:12 EDT 2009

On 10.08.2009, at 10:42, K. K. Subramaniam wrote:

> On Monday 10 Aug 2009 12:26:08 pm Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>> "svn log" is your friend:
> Only if update works :-(.

Actually you can do it without even downloading anything:

	svn log -v http://svn.squeakland.org/installers

I guess you tried updating from within the Etoys-To-Go.app directory,
which was removed, so that's why svn told you it could not update.

> Anyway I could guess what happened from the server
> directory. This is a welcome move. I was confused about the future of
> Etoys2Go.

It's not even released, don't declare it dead already ;) I hope it
will become the if-all-else-fails version of Etoys that Simply Works.

>> So yes, I removed all files that are identical between Etoys.app and
>> Etoys-To-Go.app.
> Fixes in 2-go launcher etoys.sh have not been merged into etoys.sh.

Yes, somehow I replaced it with an older version. But the one checked
in now should be okay, yes?

> The changes required for 2Go version are simple enough to be added
> to README.
> Whomsoever is prepping a 2Go version can edit text files easily.

Doing it manually is error-prone. The makeEtoysToGo script exports
Etoys.app as Etoys-To-Go.app and then exports the Etoys-To-Go files on
top of it. Very simple.

But it is unfortunate that we have three copies of the etoys script
(the third is npetoysrun which is a bit special).