[etoys-dev] Players and costumes

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Thu Sep 3 14:19:55 EDT 2009

At Tue, 1 Sep 2009 09:24:06 -0300,
Ricardo Moran wrote:

> If a player cannot change its custome anymore, would that mean we are able to make a nice hierarchy of players for
> specific morphs?
> I don't know which are the consecuences but I think this might be a good thing. I don't like the big fat Player because
> it makes difficult to understand and extend Etoys.

  Possibly a good thing.  However, just having a parallel hierarchy
would not simplify the situation.  Also,of course there is a huge body
of assumption in the code.  Changing it wouldn't be really simplify
it.

  Scott posted a new version at:

http://tracker.immuexa.com/browse/SQ-288

Can people try it with some obscure examples and let us know how it
works?

-- Yoshiki