[etoys-dev] Control-C causing lockup

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Sep 30 08:31:54 EDT 2009

On 30.09.2009, at 12:07, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

>> At Wed, 30 Sep 2009 15:49:00 +1300,
>> Simon Guest wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi EToy-dev people,
>>>
>>> I've found an annoying bug introduced in Etoys 4.0 dev somewhere
>>> between
>>> update 2192 and 2325, which causes control-C to give a hard lockup.
>>>
>>> I reported it on the bug tracker,
>>> http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-484
>>>
>>> Is that enough?  Or should I also raise it here?  (Like this ;-)

The tracker would have been enough. People *really* interested in
development subscribe to

	http://squeakland.org/discuss/etoys-notify/

and will see the report immediately.

OTOH I don't mind if you report here as well :) Sometimes the ensuing
discussion is enlightening.

> No, the hard lockup was caused by an endless recursion.
> ExtendedClipboardUnixInterface unexpectedly dispatched back to
> Clipboard which dispatched back etc. The Mac interface does not do
> such sillyness ;) I'll fix it shortly.

Fixed by 2326pasteFixUnix-bf

I've re-uploaded the ToGo-RC2 release candidate, it should not affect
other platforms.