[etoys-dev] Re: Need for translation in DrGeo

Korakurider korakurider at gmail.com
Sat May 15 18:17:50 EDT 2010

I changed the subject to get appropriate folks take look at the problem..

On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 2:57 AM, Hilaire Fernandes
<hilaire.fernandes at edu.ge.ch> wrote:
> I am afraid localization of tiles does not work.
> I can not get it translated in the viewer.
>
> I did have extracted the string in DrGeoII.pot
> I did merge the DrGeoOO.pot with the fr.po
> I translated and compiled the fr.po to DrGeoII.;o
> I installed this DrGeoII.mo in the french locale for Etoys
> In Etoys, all DrGeo messages are translated but the tiles in the viewer.
>
> What did I miss?

This is known problem of current implementation.  Translation stuff is
assuming all of tile strings belong to default domain.  And in which
POT do you see your tile string?
(I imagine etoys.pot)   Sorry for not mentioning this when I answered
about marking strings...

To resolve the problem, case(2) in
http://lists.squeakland.org/pipermail/etoys-dev/2010-May/004707.html
needs to be addressed.

We really need to try hard to resolve this if we go with package based
splitting of translation...

/Korakurider