[etoys-dev] Re: Need for translation in DrGeo

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue May 18 03:10:10 EDT 2010

Am 17.05.2010 um 23:42 schrieb Hilaire Fernandes:
> 2010/5/18 Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de>
> Am 17.05.2010 um 22:59 schrieb Hilaire Fernandes:
>
> > In term of development model, I want DrGeoII to be regarded as a loadable package in Etoys, then shipped in Etoys at delivery time.
>
> Once you submit it, DrGeoII will become part of the Etoys image. Just like the rest of Etoys is now maintained as separate packages, it will remain in its own package. But if necessary, we will add fixes and improvements. You can of course merge these back into your version, and you also can contribute newer versions of DrGeoII to Etoys. In fact, I hope you will :)
>
> Sure I will propose improved version of DrGeoII for Etoys.
> One important note: if people should commit improvment to DrGeo they should do it in the primary DrGeo package. I do not have the ressource to look at DrGeo improvment in two different places.

It's okay to ask nicely for that. But it would be as much of a burden for all Etoys developers if *they* had to check two places.

> So the published DrGeoII package in etoysInbox should be readonly.

No way. We have to be able to modify any part of Etoys as needed.

> In fact I am pretty sure it is not a good idea I publish DrGeoII in EtoysInbox, I am pretty sure people will publish changed there.
> Hum, need a few though on that...

I don't think anyone intends to do big changes to DrGeoII. But I do expect smaller ones as Etoys evolves, that should be simple for you to integrate back into your version. And of course you can always submit a better way to do something, if you think what someone else changed was not right.

And, +1 to what Andreas just wrote.