[etoys-dev] Release 4.1

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Sep 28 11:55:28 EDT 2010

Hi folks,

Korakurider and I built the final Etoys release installers. For now we uploaded them to

	http://etoys.squeak.org/download/4.1/

This is only a temporary location for you to test the actual release. The big announcement and move to squeakland.org should follow tomorrow. Anybody up for writing and publicizing the announcement?

The release notes are not as nice as the ones for 4.0, yet. I made them a bit more readable, but they are still just a bullet list:

	http://wiki.squeakland.org/display/sq/Etoys+4.1+Release+Notes

This is a wiki, so you could help making them nicer :)

There were problems with updating the translations on Pootle. Some new strings were missing (e.g. the quick guide's "Jump to..." button). These are not translated yet. The translation templates were only updated today. I'm not sure if we should delay the release to wait for the translators to catch up, or not?