[etoys-dev] Etoys: Etoys-Richo.103.mcz

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Fri Feb 10 18:41:53 EST 2012

On Feb 10, 2012, at 2:45 PM, Ricardo Moran wrote:

> Hi again, I've been working on the "decimal places" option and now I don't feel is a good idea because we would still have the "decimal places..." menu item in system-defined slots. I feel this wouldn't be very consistent. Maybe the dialog with just name & type would be good enough.

Arguably yes... However, since you've already done the work to have the decimal-places element come and go in the panel, depending on the type chosen, and since its presence in the panel helps make users conscious of the "decimal places" feature, which they might otherwise not be aware of, maybe we should keep it there...

In any case, this is an excellent and timely and really welcome piece of work, Richo -- yay!

Any comments from Ed Team about this?

  -- Scott