[etoys-dev] Image segment loading problem

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Mar 22 16:45:17 EDT 2012

Hi Ted,

we have a strange problem with a class reshape. We removed an inst var from PasteUpMorph. When loading an old project, somehow an ObsoleteFake37PasteUpMorph survives, and is sent a message, which blows up of course. But the Fake37 classes should only be temporary. So I wonder how that could happen?

The project in question is the Home.007.pr project in Etoys. The easiest way to reproduce it would be to run Etoys-To-Go-5.0-RC1 from
	http://squeakland.org/download/
and drag Home.007.pr into it (which is in the Contents/Resources folder inside the app bundle). Or if you don't want to download that new version, just use some Etoys4 release, remove PasteUpMorph's unused autoLineLayout variable, and then load the project.

The interesting thing is that the project including its world loads fine, but somehow the world's "script1" (which I think you wrote) accesses that obsolete paste-up.

Oh, you know what, spelling this out after having stepped through the loading/conversion code, is it possible that the Fake37PasteUpMorph *class* is never converted into the real PasteUpMorph class?! I only saw instances being converted - but the script in question is special because it refers to the class.

- Bert -

Begin forwarded message: