[Io] Re: [V3dot9] Closing bugzilla reports when harvesting?

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Thu May 25 14:20:16 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-25 at 10:32 +0200, Marcus Denker wrote:
> Yes. Package maintainers should "resolve" the issue, then the image
> maintainers close them on inclusion.

Great, thanks.

> Good. And keep in mind that the next step for making IO a success
> would have been to harvest 2-3 trivial things and then merge with
> the image. If that would have been done in that fateful week of activity
> in January, everybody would have deemed the Networt package a success...
> ("I works, but people have not to much time").
>
> The real killer was over-commitment: "We need to at least rewrite
> Networking
> completely before we can suggest it to be merged into the image". No.
> One step
> at a time: Simple fix, release. repeat. When that's working, then
> think about
> changing the world.
>
>        Marcus

I'm not sure I understand.  I will certainly admit that a lot of time
was lost in alpha to trying to decide what to do about
OldSocket/HttpSocket and to this day nothing has been done.  However the
following issues were marked Resolved in or before January yet have not
been harvested as far as I can tell:

http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=861

http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=2111

http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=2106

http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=411

That's not to say we couldn't have done more.  But we've certainly done
something and it doesn't look like the release team is noticing.

Ken