Again Magma and 3.9

Chris Muller chris at funkyobjects.org
Fri Jan 12 02:31:45 UTC 2007

Hi Martin, thank you for at least trying to run the benchmarker so we
could have a common understanding of "slow".  For the error you got,
"cannot connect to 127.0.0.1 5109", is it possible that loopback
address is wrong or maybe the computer was not allowed to open a port
and therefore Squeak's  Socket class was unable to establish a
connection?  I did try

Depending on several factors, you may expect adding 15000 objects to an
unindexed MagmaCollection to take about two minutes on a medium-speed
computer.

Bulk loads aren't fast, but there are a few settings that can ensure
they maintain optimum speed, otherwise it can degenerate badly.

Would you share your load script and MessageTally that I might see
something obvious?

"Magma tester" off of *SqueakMap* is a stable version you may wish to
start with.

Let me know how I may help,
  Chris