Magma/Pharo

Daniel Lyons fusion at storytotell.org
Thu Apr 14 05:45:48 UTC 2011

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/magma/2011-March/001747.html
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/magma/2011-February/001718.html

> Please note that I expect Pharo to eventually produce resources
> (developers or money) to assist with Magma support and upgrades as
> Pharo becomes more and more divergent from Squeak in the future.

I appreciate that you're busy and I can understand not wanting to maintain a port of your software to a platform you don't use, but as long as Magma development remains this quiet, what good will it do for Pharo to provide developers? If it were "hey, this piece is broken under Pharo, please someone from Pharo take a look at it," it would be a lot easier I think for people to get involved and help shoulder some of the burden. It is (or should be) much easier to get help when you ask for it than when you wish for it silently, looking into the void.

I'm not an expert at Smalltalk or Pharo and *far* from being one in Magma, but I *am* a real programmer and I know how to fix bugs. Step one is knowing what they are.

—
Daniel Lyons