[Morphic] Where do decisions on mantis bugs need to be reported?

Peace Jerome peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 27 06:13:36 CET 2005

I noticed in the monthly report and in subsequent back
an forth on the list that the PLM fixes Masashi
Umezawa and  Eddie Cottongim proposed in Mantis
(http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=1941) were looked
at and a decision was made not to include them because
they caused a 4x slowdown.

All well and good.

However when a decision like this is made some note of
it should be left on the mantis report itself to
inform everyone who looks there that more work needs
to be done.

Also it looks to me like a bit of general cleanup was
done which probably did not effect the speed (I think
the enhancements and extra hooks were the problem). A
request for the cleanup code separate from the
enhancement code might push things along in the right
direction. And the bug report would be an appropriate
place to put that request.

The note should be the responsibility of the decider
or their spokesman.

Yours in service,

Jerome Peace