[News] Weekly Squeak's categories reorganization

Michael Haupt mhaupt at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 11:31:08 UTC 2007

Hi Giovanni,

On 1/12/07, Giovanni Corriga <giovanni at corriga.net> wrote:
> Main categories could be:
>
> 1. Squeak - for general Squeak news.
> 2. Squeak Community - for community and foundation news.
> 3. Announcements and releases
> 4. The Weekly Squeak - for blog-related news.
> 5. Smalltalk - for other Smalltalk news.
> 6. Seaside - for Seaside-related news.

these do make sense to me.

It looks as if you had decomposed along some kind of "projects" dimension. ;-)

For the secondary categories, I'd suggest a "user" or "target group"
or "interest group" dimension, i.e., something along the lines of

(a) beginners (-> tutorials go here)
(b) application developers
(c) VM hackers
(d) ...

That way, news could be organised along two mostly orthogonal
dimensions and mapped to projects and target groups at the same time.

Best,

Michael