[Release] Re: 3.11 liaison change

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 10:05:37 UTC 2009

2009/7/3 Klaus D. Witzel <klaus.witzel at cobss.com>:
> On Fri, 03 Jul 2009 09:25:35 +0200, Igor Stasenko wrote:
>
>> Okay okay, i'm taking back my rants :)
>
> But if the work/usage (and existing facilities like automated status email
> reports) are soo invisible to you and perhaps others, what would you like to
> see happen?
>
> Perhaps the "greeting" page of bugs.squeak.org can be changed so the new
> visitors, coming from the link on www.squeak.org (or so), immediately gets
> an idea of what s/he can find?
>
> @Ken, what do you think: can the status(es) which talk about work in
> progress (testing) be explained by the comment on the "greeting" page.

That would help, for sure.
I remember when this was discussed and also took part in it a little.

There's also few things i have discussed with Ken on IRC, about
automatically closing very old tickets.
And i don't want to argue about it anymore :) , just want to notice
that such tickets could be closed with:
Resolution: suspended

i just don't like to see something left unattended for a years. And
people who care, they could revisit all such tickets and reopen them
again (so they will hang a little bit more ;) ), and actually this
could serve as a reminder to us, that there is something left
abandoned and need attention, or need to be forgotten forever.

> /Klaus

>>> 1] dial bugs.squeak.org
>>> 2] go main view "view issues"
>>> 3] click the "status" field and select, for example "testing"
>>> 4] then submit; the list is long, page through it
>>>
>>> I'm quite sure that Keith' builder process could send/flood such reports
>>> you inbox, in such a way that you don't even have to move your a** around
>>> ;)
>>>
>>> What's the point Igor, that a tool like Mantis does not send you an email
>>> ?
>>> then I could not care less (!)

>>> Have you overlooked the new status values that Ken added to Mantis (or
>>> so)
>>> on request of the release team?

>>> Yes "we" (in form of you) look stalled. Not going out and fetching the
>>> information that exists is indistinguishable from stalling.

>>> Sould the developer go to his inbox and read an email ? what are you
>>> telling
>>> Igor ?

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.