[Seaside-dev] Contributing bug fixes in Seaside

Jimmie Houchin j.squeak at cyberhaus.us
Sun Dec 9 17:24:52 UTC 2007

Philippe Marschall wrote:
> 2007/12/9, Jimmie Houchin <j.squeak at cyberhaus.us>:
>> Philippe Marschall wrote:
>>> 2007/12/8, Jimmie Houchin <j.squeak at cyberhaus.us>:
>> [snip]

>>> I'm not sure this is not a bug in 3.10
>> I posted a message to the squeak-dev list. They (Keith) submitted and
>> fixed a bug on Mantis. Should take care of it for future versions of 3.10.
>
> Thanks, that saved us the work.

Your welcome. When you pointed that out. I just wanted it fixed in the
right place.

>> I have committed to the repository reverting the changes. I didn't see a
>> way to remove the previous commit.
>
> There is no need to post a commit that does a revert of the last
> commit. Monticello has no concept of HEAD/Trunk. We simply wouldn't
> have used your version as ancestor. What however would have been a
> bigger problem if we merged it is that the ancestor of one of your
> versions Seaside2.8a1-jlh.534 is not in the repository.

Ok. So you or Lukas would have just ignored my previous commit and based
your future commits on a different version. That works.

In this case Seaside2.8a1-jlh.534 and Seaside2.8a1-jlh.535 are
absolutely identical. The first was the commit to my personal
repository, the second to the squeaksource one. I was kind of surprised
when Monticello gave the second "save" a different number.

I still have much to learn about using Monticello.

This has been a good learning experience for me. What the community
wants for fixes. Issues between different Squeak versions.

This is what I've been doing for my commit, right or wrong, necessary or
unnecessary. I have a clean image with the latest Seaside version. I
make my changes, then commit. I wanted to make sure that nothing else I
do gets into the commit.

Thanks for your help and guidance. I've learned a lot. Hopefully this
will help others in the future.

Jimmie