[Seaside-dev] Current working combination of Packages

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 12:03:06 UTC 2008

2008/11/23 Udo Schneider <Udo.Schneider at homeaddress.de>:
> All,
>
> I'm currently porting Seaside to Dolphin.

Cool

> Based on the package versions from
> the announcement mail in the general Seaside list I was able to port all the
> packages with only a few failing tests (mainly Unicode stuff).

I had much fun writing these tests ;-)

> I'm now trying to make this work work with Swazoo w/o luck. I saw that some
> work was done in the Adaptor area ... so my question is is which package
> (versions) are currently working together with Swazoo? And which Swazoo
> Adaptor packages are current and should be used?

Are we talking about Swazoo 1 or Swazoo 2? The latest script I posted
in the announcement thread should load Swazoo 2 and have it working.
The specific packages are Seaside-Swazoo and Seaside-Adaptors-Swazoo.
You probably don't need DynamicBindings, KomServices,
Seaside-Adaptors-Comanche and Seaside-Tests-Adaptors-Comanche as these
are Kom related.

General note on porting Seaside 2.9:
- All the packages that do not have a -Squeak- in the package name
should be loadable unchanged. If you have to change them that's a bug.
Please report it.
- All the packages that do have a -Squeak- in the package name might
need to be ported. You can either reimplement them or change them. If
you decide to change them consider developing them in Squeak and then
you to keep in sync with upstream changes because you can simply merge
using Monticello.