[Seaside-dev] Location for LoadOrderTests

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 08:23:32 UTC 2009

On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 9:14 AM, Lukas Renggli <renggli at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I'm happy to have the package moved if you think it appropriate. I
> wonder,
> > however, if it might be useful for public consumption as a master load
> > script for everything else (instead of manually following the LoadOrder
> > Wiki)? At least until some more user-friendly process is available for
> > else sooner or later.
>
> I am using <builder.seaside.st> and then "WADevelopment
> updateWorkingCopies". In case of load order problems the last step can
> be repeated several times. Actually "WADevelopment packages" should
> probably made a bit smarter to return the packages in the right order.
> I haven't looked at the LoadOrder Wiki lately.

Yes, it would  be nice if they were returned in a valid ordering.

Of course, when updating, you can't necessarily just load in that order
unfortunately. Without atomic loading of the full package set, you really
need to load the new package before the old package when a class is moved.
Otherwise you essentially have to do a recompile all or you risk having
obsolete class references around.