[Seaside-dev] Issue 342 in seaside: Canonical URLs

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Fri Feb 13 19:43:12 UTC 2009

Comment #4 on issue 342 by philippe.marschall: Canonical URLs

Because there is no way for Seaside to know what the canonical URL is. It is
certainly not the default application URL. Because per default that content
is very
much dependent of the _s and _k values. So the cannonical URL is the URL
with _s and
_k with makes the whole exercise pointless. Only slight differences are
allowed for
the contents and we violate this if we exclude _s and _k.

And hardcoding it into WAHtmlRoot so that it can not be customized and only
be used
when there is a request certainly doesn't imporve the situation.

I believe it's an optimization you want make when you do URL optimizations
and SEO
in general. Only you know about your URLs and only you can make the right
trade offs.