[Seaside-dev] Seaside-Tests-ANSI Package

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 23:47:37 UTC 2009

I already posted something about this (presumably in the issue
discussing it). I don't see any value at all in having random ANSI
tests for behaviour that (a) we don't use and (b) doesn't pass on
several platforms (including Squeak). I really don't want to stare at
a red test bar all the time. As far as I'm concerned, if these
behaviours don't pass on most of our ported platforms we can't use
them anyway, so whether they are ANSI standard or not is irrelevant.

Sure, let's document it somewhere so we can push the various platforms
to make sure they support it eventually. But in the meantime, let's
just document them as portability issues, not use them, and not stare
at failing tests for the rest of eternity.

Julian