[Seaside-dev] crazy thought

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 21:07:22 UTC 2010

It's been my intention for a while to make Dispatcher know how to
render a listing of its handlers so we didn't need the Browse
application. This would need to allow enabling/disabling and probably
configuration like the WAFileLibrary listing so it can do text/html
variants. I can't remember if I opened an issue for that, but of
course I haven't got around to implementing it. It would also handle
its own (optional?) redirection from "foo" to "foo/" and of course
enabling listing would be mutually exclusive with having a default
handler specified.

Mind you, I was only thinking of that for when you hit the Dispatcher
directly, not for when you request an entry that doesn't exist. I
guess I can imagine the 404 contents including a listing of available
sub-handlers... again I guess that would need to be configurable on
and off. Is that getting too complex?

Julian