[Seaside-dev] Seaside 3.0a6ish

Michael Lucas-Smith mlucas-smith at cincom.com
Wed May 19 18:31:03 UTC 2010

On 5/19/10 11:07 AM, Michael Lucas-Smith wrote:
> On 5/19/10 10:19 AM, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
>> On 05/19/2010 06:58 PM, Michael Lucas-Smith wrote:
>>>
>>> Can someone speak to the platforms that have trouble with #= here?
>>
>> GNU Smalltalk has problems comparing an encoded string with
>> #latin1String.
Perhaps we need to make the way we represent encoded bytes platform
specific. If a platform chooses to represent bytes as characters in a
string, so be it - but at least at the GRPlatform level we can draw a
distinction between "A collection of bytes" and "a collection of
characters" instead of always assuming the collection species is String?

Michael