[Seaside-dev] [Seaside] Build Process

Avi Shefi avishefi at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 17:33:02 UTC 2011

So we have two issues:
1) Functional tests - can we, or can't we automate these? even if a large
portion can be automated, how do you think this should be done?
2) Should we have a Grease-only build? (Dale's suggestion)

Regarding suspending the commits until a release - this works only because
we're a small community :)
I would definitely go for an automated build system which can handle both:
(a) taking the latest package versions and doing nightly builds; and (b)
defining a set of packages (or a Metacello configuration) for a release, and
building it regardless of new commits (whether through a dedicated Hudson
Seaside build, or some other mechanism).

Another issue:
Dale, Do we build/update/run a new release under each and every dialect
manually?
If it's manual, then maybe there's room for a script that fetches a
Metacello configuration and runs Seaside tests against all dialects? or
possibly a few dialect-specific scripts that automate this?

Avi.