Backreving to 2.2.1 (WAS Re: [Seaside] Re: WAKom not responding to requests)

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Fri Apr 11 00:28:10 CEST 2003

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003, Nevin Pratt wrote:

> I've backrev'd my test implementation of my wife's site back to Seaside
> 2.2.1 instead of 2.3.  I no longer see the problem.  Furthermore, I
> think the app responds a bit quicker.  Is the performance difference due
> to the DOM tree feature of 2.3?  I'm starting to wonder...

Interesting.  Any performance tests I've done have shown 2.3 faster than
2.21.  I wonder what's causing the opposite in your site.

> Anyway, as long as this sporadic "not responding" problem continues with
> 2.3, I'll stay with 2.2.1.

In about two weeks I'll have a chunk of time to agressively pursue that
bug.  If someone can come up with a script or something to reproduce
it before then, I'll take a crack at it... barring that, I guess we'll
have to hold off on the 2.3 release until May (does everyone concur that
the problem does *not* exist with 2.2?).

There seem to be a few people out there that have used the 2.3b snapshot;
any other problems come up?

Avi