[Seaside] RSS and Seaside

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Wed Dec 24 11:10:47 CET 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-23 at 21:42, Lukas Renggli wrote:
> the SBlog Project (SBlog Challenge) is a Seaside application that is
> providing an RSS feed. Furthermore the RSS-XML is used as a persistency
> mechanism for the domain-model of the blog-entries.

Furthermore, I was able to reuse this stuff quite easily in my SqP
package to provide an RSS feed across all diaries.

> > Does anybody have any other thoughts as to the usefulness of RSS in
> > general?  How good do you think it is as a traffic-generator tool for
> > a website?  What are your thoughts about the future of RSS in general?
>
> Personally I don't use RSS feeds, I don't want to install yet another
> tool to get the latest news.

I am using BottomFeeder since a couple of weeks now, and I don't want to
go back. In around a minute, I can scan the updates of a dozen sites;
try that with a browser. I love RSS, and installing BottomFeeder is
really worth a try.