[Seaside] Seaside load support

radoslav hodnicak rh at 4096.sk
Thu May 27 11:12:42 CEST 2004

On Thu, 27 May 2004, [iso-8859-1] Sebasti=E1n Sastre wrote:
>     How do you see the stability of a systema running a squeak on a
> linux with seaside and a goods server?

I don't use goods but glorp+postgres, my production image ran over 2
months before it segfaulted (prolly some recursive exception or thing like
that)

>     How many can be loaded that site? concurrent users?

Why don't you measure yourself?  Httperf is your friend. Mine can generate
about 5 pages (measured with db access and no caching) per second which is
enough for this project. I started to dynamically generate gifs, which is
where squeak's performance starts to hurt badly

>     How big, performant, professional is the best seaside application
> you know? Can you send some links to take a look to?

I only know the intranet application I'm working on. Frankly, it's pretty
lame and ugly and certainly not "professional". But, it works and it's
getting bigger and bigger and I still manage to develop it alone.

>     Would you recomend or unrecomend to mount a bussiness site
> (specialized portal) based on squeak with seaside?

Technically, it's doable and squeak is stable enough to run as server.
Create some prototype and see yourself if it's good enough for you (we
are talking smalltalk and seaside here, it's not like it will take you
weeks to create a simple prototype).

rado
--=20
pgp.mit.edu  0x30DEBAE6  12EE FED5 D5B1 77ED 5637 EB77 2A5F 22F9 30DE BAE6