[Seaside] Need some suggestions :)

Brian Brown rbb at techgame.net
Wed Dec 13 18:57:06 UTC 2006

Hello again,

I have a subclass of WACanvasTableReport, where columns can be turned
on or off depending on who is logged in. What I am using this
functionality for is to show a column with some editing functionality
is an admin is logged in.

I am using a checkbox with the #submitOnClick: method, and that
works, but some strange things are going on. Each of those cells in
the resultant table have their own form with a unique name, and the
#submitOnClick: in each case is keyed to the specific form name. The
html looks correct when rendered, there are no nested forms on the
page. When I click on a check box, it does the submit, but doesn't
always submit the correct form, and this is what has me puzzled.

Is there a better way to do this possibly using scriptaculous?

Thanks for any help!

Brian