[Seaside] Re: Preparing a Seaside Squeak application for Production

Adrian Lienhard adi at netstyle.ch
Thu Nov 16 21:17:42 UTC 2006

On Nov 16, 2006, at 21:50 , Yanni Chiu wrote:

>> And, as happens on a regular basis to our SqueakSource servers,
>> the image locks up, just connecting to VNC an wiggling the mouse
>> brings it back to life.
>
> I run the 3.9-8 VM on Ubuntu-6.06.1-server.
> I mostly see the CPU usage at 49%, and sometimes at 99%.
> When things are stable, the usage is 8%. I've only been
> running on Ubuntu for about two weeks. Any ideas on how
> to get the image into a stable usage mode? Is there a
> consolidated list somewhere of things to try?

Which version of the image are you running?
Have you checked what Squeak is doing (->Process browser)? Maybe the
weak array finalization process is taking up all the cycles...
Also, in the beta version of 3.9 there was the higherPerformance
preference turned on (->Preferences higherPerformance) which on one
of our old test server made the image idle at around 30% IIRC!

Adrian