[Seaside] Comparative Study

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 23:25:02 UTC 2007

2007/12/30, Nonce <Voldermort at icmail.net>:
> I've done a small comparative study of web frameworks at http://www.accursoft.co.uk/WAF/
>
> My Seaside experience is extremely limited, so I may have got something severely wrong. Would anyone care to take a look?

I would say that tasks encapsulate cross page control flow rather than
workflow (a control flow that spans over several .xsp pages). But that
is just a matter of terminology. You use workflow in other places so
it's better to be consistent.

Deployment
You can also deploy an image. Seaside doesn't come with it's own
deployment tools or rules, so all the Smalltalk deployment options
apply here.

Goodie
I would not use the word Goodie. I'd use file out, ".st file" or something else.

Monticello works only on Squeak and Gemstone. Cincom Smalltalk has
other options.

Seaside Server
Kom HTTP Server is only one option. It is a very popular server on
Squeak. There are other options and other Smalltalk implementations
use other servers.

Cheers
Philippe