[Seaside] another reason Rails gets market share andSeasidedoesn't

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Wed Jul 18 20:27:25 UTC 2007

Hey, all:

	I think we're not debating the same thing, necessarily.

	Seaside should not be =gratuitously= complex. Smalltalk is an easy
language to learn. Seaside doesn't need to be any more difficult than it
needs to be to get the job done. I think these are sufficiently obvious
platitudes to avoid controversy.

	I don't see why Seaside isn't for beginners, even raw beginners. HTML is
simpler to grasp (and more limited, of course) than morphic. It's just a
matter of presenting the right amount of information in the right order.

	Now, someone who's entrenched in other languages and frameworks--they're
more likely to suffer than a raw beginner.

	===Blake===