[Seaside] YUI

C. David Shaffer cdshaffer at acm.org
Wed Oct 31 13:29:26 UTC 2007

Sebastian Sastre wrote:
> Yes. Plus one here. I'm being able to build my own widgets with a mix
> of pure Seaside, Model View Presenter hierarchy of seaside components
> and the Scriptaculous Prototype (can't be without them). So by now I'm
> not seduced by out of the box widgets smalltalk-doubtely-scalable
> built with technologies that for sure will introduce a lot of
> impedance to assimilate in Smalltalk. MVP is so much better than any
> mapping to any non smalltalk framework.
>
>     cheers,
>
> Sebastian
I don't doubt that this is true for many applications.  However the
quality of the out-of-the-box UI produced by ExtJS far exceeds anything
I have available in Smalltalk and anything I could produce in a
reasonable amount of time with Smalltalk+Scriptaculous.  Adopting
something like ExtJS is a difficult choice to make but it certainly
makes sense for some applications.

David