[Seaside] Debugging production errors

Ken Treis ken at miriamtech.com
Fri Jan 25 22:35:17 UTC 2008

On Jan 25, 2008, at 2:20 PM, Sebastian Sastre wrote:

> Hi Ken,
>
> 	there is no online debuger tool for Seaside (yet?) so what you are
> asking for, security concers aside, would be a fantastic tool. A
> Smalltalk
> debuger is not a simple tool to implement.

I wasn't thinking of an online debugger, just a link that, when
clicked, opened the debugger in the image. So when I get the email, I
can click the link to go diagnose what went wrong. I can VNC into the
server to debug.

> 	Can you share a code to emails you the walkbak? I think it would be
> useful for me when production time comes.

Sure -- it's pretty simple. This is for VisualWorks but should give
you the general idea.  I should have used the SeasidePlatformSupport
methods to send the email, and I probably should have made the sender
address configurable. But it works for me.

--
Ken Treis
Miriam Technologies, Inc.