[Seaside] overriding RRHandlerEditor for RSS

James Foster Smalltalk at JGFoster.net
Fri Jul 4 23:29:17 UTC 2008

Hi Chris,

I'm not able to answer the RSS questions, but I think I can help with
one question.

On Jul 4, 2008, at 4:20 PM, Chris Dawson wrote:

> I do notice that if I put a 'self halt' into the
> registerAsApplication that the icon in the squeak browser changes
> from a green down arrow to a red flag.  I assume this means
> something.  I've noticed that the registerAsApplication within
> RRComponent is a double-headed green arrow.  Can someone point out
> where I can understand what these mean?  I've been looking over the
> squeak documentation and not sure where to start looking.

The red flag is a signal in the code browser saying "look at me!"--in
this case, because you have a halt in the code. The green arrows are
signals in the code browser saying "there is another implementation of
this method that you might want to investigate." If the method
overrides a superclass method, then the arrow will point up. If there
is an override of the method in some subclass, then the arrow will
point down.

If you expect that you are overriding a method, but the arrow doesn't
appear, then that can be helpful as well. I often forget whether I'm
supposed to add a method #'renderContent:' (singular) or
#'renderContents:' (plural). The arrow tells me that I've got the
right method name. Also, if there is an arrow that I didn't expect,
then it invites me to go investigate and/or to include a 'super' send
in my override.

> Chris

James