[Seaside] Tracing execution of seaside apps

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 15:22:23 UTC 2008

> infinite loop, so the page never got rendered. Does the profiler run every
> time (My guess is not) or does it re-run the page with the MessageTally
> attached?

The profiler runs every time a page is rendered.

> If the latter, is there a way to either switch on the profiler
> every time, or force page rendering in the profiler without hitting the
> profile link?

No, that's not possible. What you can do is to wrap the code of yours
that you want to profile into:

    MessageTally spyOn: [ ... ]

This will open a profile (within the image) every time you refresh the page.

> I'm not familiar enough with seaside yet to find out how to do
> that on my own (especially as "browse references" option shows no references
> to WAProfilerToolPlugin).

WAProfileToolPlugin is just the link in the toolbar. Seaside collects
all toolbar-plugins by iterating over the subclasses of WAToolPlugin.
That's why there is no direct reference.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli