[Seaside] thoughts on Seaside 3.0

Nevin Pratt nevin at bountifulbaby.com
Mon Jul 14 23:36:46 UTC 2008

Todd Blanchard wrote:
> I wish I could believe this.  I recently put out a call for a "CSS
> Savvy web designer" and I got quite a few submissions.  I have been
> plowing through the portfolios and sample work and the bottom line is,
> out of over 100 designer submissions, 3 were "mostly" properly CSS
> driven.
>
> The industry just doesn't seem to be there. (And if anyone has a CSS
> savvy web developer in the Seattle area he'd like to recommend, I'm
> all ears).

That's been my observation as well.  So, Todd, what is your
solution/suggestion?  To try to retrain the entire industry?  :-)  Or to
search out for that elusive "CSS Savvy web designer"?  Or do you have
any thoughts about how to better integrate web designing into the
Seaside flow?

I really don't know what to do.  But your observation above is pretty
much spot on with my own observations.  And it's a *hard* problem for me.

Nevin