[Seaside] Seaside without HTTP

Steve Wart steve.wart at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 18:06:04 UTC 2009

James and Julian,

Thanks very much for the responses. I'll have a look at 2.9 and see if there
are are any opportunities for reuse. I am interested in using Magritte for
my domain model and I'll be checking out some of the patterns for session
management etc.

I'm tempted to use GemStone because it's familiar to me, but I think my
persistence requirements are fairly basic (famous last words). I'll be
starting with the simplest thing that will work, and HTTP is well-supported.
I'll be avoiding the Dark Forest of XML but other that I'm keeping an open
mind.

I'll let you know if Seaside presents any interesting synergies. It seems
there should be some benefits as this is fundamentally no different than a
web app with different transport and presentation components (and, er,
synchronized state among all clients).

I'm thinking I need signed and validated requests, but I'll dig more into
that before I raise any specific questions.

Steve