[Seaside] Tasks and reusing components

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 10:21:02 UTC 2010

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 12:57 AM, radoslav hodnicak <rh at 4096.sk> wrote:
> It's not critical, but this loop is all the user is ever going to do and it
> will probably be a fairly busy site, so it seems silly to create tons of new
> instances when I could reuse them.

I doubt this is relevant. If you're using the back-button, presumably
you are backtracking some state? Or at least, if you're wanting to
"reset" components, I guess they must have state that you will need to
backtrack (otherwise the back button won't work once you've reset the
component). All of that requires snapshotting overhead both in terms
of time and space that I think would far outweigh creating a few
component instances.

Alternatively, as I read your email again, perhaps your problem is
simply that you aren't backtracking parts of the components that you
should be? That may provide what you call "reset" behaviour since the
backtracked state would be reverted when you go back within the task.

Julian