[Seaside] Seaside 3.0 without Partial Continuations

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 22:48:08 UTC 2010

It is theoretically possible to "more or less" simulate partial
continuations using full continuations or a full continuation + a new
process boundary as we did before (but, I think, more correctly).

I had a prototype at one point that seemed to work but it was felt
that including the infrastructure to make it possible added
complication for no reason since nobody needed it.

If you're keen to pursue the idea, I'd suggest reading this blog post
if you haven't already:
http://blog.fitzell.ca/2009/01/seaside-partial-continuations.html

Then, you'd want to come up with and test a solution using either the
2.8 method or a multi-continuation method (more like early 2.x series
which used continuations for everything). At that point we could
discuss what is needed to make it possible without overriding any
Seaside base code. It gets pretty hairy though. :)

Alternatively, you could look at implementing partial continuations
(no idea if that's doable) or, as Dale said, simply not use the Flow
package (which is what VASt currently does).

Julian