[Seaside] Re: [Metacello] What is the plan with Pharo changes?

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 04:52:18 UTC 2012

On 4 August 2012 02:16, Dale Henrichs <dhenrich at vmware.com> wrote:
> Mariano,
>
> What I'd _like_ to do for Metacello and Pharo-2.0 is to make the changes against the MetacelloPreview release, which I'm managing on github.
>
> The MetacelloPreview is aimed at an eventual 1.0 release of Metacello (hopefully in the fall).
>
> I would _like_ Metacello-Base to be included in the Pharo-2.0 base image, the sooner the better and I'm poised to pull the trigger on that, but the recent changes have crippled FileTree ...

yeah.. we talking about it all the time "how good it would be to have
metacello preloaded in image" :)

> So until FileTree is functional again, I can't really do anything with Pharo-2.0...
>
> Hacking Metacello to get it running on Pharo-2.0 doesn't help _me_ move forward.

You can tell  how they could help, so they will (if they will still
want), leaving less work for you :) Of course, if you need help or can
see where it can be useful.
But i know it is hard to coordinate & organize activities.. sometimes
harder than doing everything alone. :)

> It is likely that I will have to redo whatever hacks that are done to get it running on Pharo-2.0 to be compatible with the rest of platforms that I am supporting and doing it right takes a little more effort ...

yes.. it is hard to keep up with moving target.. But i hope this is
for good of us all (FileSystem ,as to me, is no doubt much better
comparing to what we had before).

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.