[Seaside] Is the community repository dead?

Nick Ager nick.ager at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 16:13:12 UTC 2012

Hi Sebastian,

I was about to commit some packages under MIT in squeaksource but it seems
> that squeaksource.com is not allowing people to add projects anymore.
> When you click on "Register Project" instead of the usual form, it says "On
> this server, only the administrator can create new projects!"
>
> Is that expected now? If so, we did that not even telling people about
> that in a blog post suggesting what to do?

I haven't heard that. Have you asked on the Pharo mailing list.

> Some told me to stop using it and start using ss3.gemstone.com instead.
> So I've registered my user and created a repo there but my commits are
> failing (timeout when trying to write)

That's strange I've never had a problem with ss3. Have you tried it again?
If the problem persists I'd suggest posting a bug on
http://code.google.com/p/squeaksource3/issues/list

> Struggling with this will kill this community
>
> please help

I'm sure you are aware that there are multiple initiatives to try to
improve our VC/repository story (new version of SS3, smalltalkhub,
experiments with using Git/GitHub etc)

Nick