[Seaside] Re: TableReport slow down

Hilaire hilaire at drgeo.eu
Fri Jan 1 15:51:41 UTC 2016

Le 01/01/2016 13:00, Johan Brichau a écrit :
> Hi Hilaire,
>
> If you are rendering a euro symbol on an html page, it’s probably
> better to use the html character code:
>
> html encodeCharacter: Character euro
> -or-
> html html: '€’

Yes, but I want to do it at the object level with its text
representation. So I can have a nice view of this object from both the
web browser and the Pharo environment.

> It would also be helpful if you report the performance issue you have
> with some canonical code to reproduce it
> on https://github.com/SeasideSt/Seaside/issuesIt might be useful to
> investigate what happens and if it can be prevented. Though, the page
> document always needs to be encoded as a utf8 document, so I assume
> internally a bytestring is used.

Posted there https://github.com/SeasideSt/Seaside/issues/862
For me it is all utf8, but it looks like not all along the way...

Thanks

Hilaire