[Seaside] JQuery & JQuery-UI documentation / learning material

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Thu Oct 10 11:22:18 UTC 2019

IIRC StackExchange has some good questions and answers

https://stackoverflow.com/search?q=Seaside+Ajax

For me, the key insight is that JQuery is an object and it constructs the correct javascript when you send messages to that Object.

Once you "get it" its a very nice way of doing JQuery.

That said, I have to reread the documentation every time I need to implement a JQuery.

hth.

tty

---- On Fri, 04 Oct 2019 12:07:28 -0400 Elie Choueiri <elie.choueiri at gmail.com> wrote ----

Hi,

I recently decided to learn some seaside but have been having trouble
finding learning material & documentation for the seaside way of
dealing with jQuery & jQuery-UI. I've gone through the draft chapters
at book.seaside.st, but don't understand how to do things that deviate
just slightly from what's written there.

For instance, having a button that, when clicked, creates an AJAX
request and passes it the data of a text field / form, or how to use
the jQuery-UI Autocomplete field and 'capture' its results to display
them in a table, or how to style the list it returns, etc.

Is there some documentation or learning material somewhere that anyone
can recommend please  :)

--
(N)E